Why invest in property abroad?
A smart business investment through overseas property ownership
- An international asset, earning real currency
- Visa-free travel throughout Schengen Europe
- Dual citizenship for you and your family
Why Invest in Spain ?
Quality of Life - Malaga
Spain’s beaches and marinas have more Blue Flags than any other northern hemisphere country
Culture: UESCO sites and some of the world oldest cities.
Living well is affordable with food and drink prices below the E.U. average according to Euro-stat and the cuisine is world-class.
After years of slump the property market is again picking up- but you can still find some unprecedented bargains. (On average 50% depreciation across the board).
During the boom years Spain built more properties than France, Germany and the UK together.
Huge oversupply of properties that will likely take several years to be absorbed by the market.
Markets shows an increase of 1.3% year on year in May.
Historical ultra-low interest rates; The lowest on record on a fifty-year period
The target inflation rate for Europe is 2% pa.
ESSENTIAL RULES OF SPANISH INVESTMENT VISA:
- The minimum investment must be at least € 500,000.
- On top of the purchase price you need to add 11 – 12%, which goes to the normal purchase costs, which includes, tax, stamp duty, VAT, notary and lawyer.
- Investments may be spread over several properties for a total purchase price of at least € 500,000.
- You can do your investment via a foreign company if you can prove that you own the majority of this company.
- There is a certain flexibility to borrow part of the money you need from your home country or from a country outside Spain.
- Spanish residence visas may be issued to the immediate family, including spouse or non married partners.
- Spanish residence visas may be issued to children up to 18 years, economically dependent adult children and economically dependent parents.
- The act also includes your children over 18 years old who, due to health issues, are not objectively capable of looking after themselves..
- There is no requirement for minimum stays ordering to renew the visa. This means that it is optional to stay in Spain.
- The Spanish visa does not need to be renewed within five years.
- As there is no law on minimum stay is not necessary to be tax resident.
- Permanent residence will be granted after five years if you have followed the rules.
Referring to the advantages of buying in Spain for a foreigner attached a link where you can find all the information.